ITIL® (IT Infrastructure Library), is a de-facto standard known by IT professionals in Information Technology Service Management.
ITIL Foundation training is the entry level training in the ITIL certification path. The content is aligned with the syllabus
announced by the Accreditor. ProcessPark is an accredited training organization certified by Peoplecert.
IIn this foundation course candidates gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education
and examination components related to this certification.
Service management as a practice
The ITIL service lifecycle
Generic concepts and definitions
Key principles and models
Technology and architecture
Competence and training
Who To Attend:
Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of
IT service management within an organization, IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted
and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
(e.g. IT professionals, business managers and business process owners).
Purpose of The Training:
The purpose of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to certify that the candidate
has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended
the core principles of ITIL practices for service management.
Course Duration :
The ITIL Foundation Certificate course is a 3-day course.
No pre-qualifications are necessary to become certified in ITIL Foundation. However, this course is a required first
step to continue to intermediate and advanced ITIL training.
Training Agenda :
Service management as a practice:
The ITIL service lifecycle:
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define the concept of a service, and to comprehend and explain the concept of service management as a practice.
Generic concepts and definitions:
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the value of the ITIL service lifecycle, how the
processes integrate with each other, throughout the lifecycle and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase
in the lifecycle.
Key principles and models:
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of service
management and to balance some of the opposing forces within service management.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how the service management processes contribute to the
ITIL service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core
processes, and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to explain the role, objectives and
organizational structures of the service desk function, and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
Technology and architecture:
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to account for and to be aware of the responsibilities of some of
the key roles in service management.
Competence and training:
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand how service automation assists with expediting service management processes.
Mock exam :
- Competence and skills for service management, competence and skills framework, training.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to pass the ITIL Foundation exam.
Specifically, candidates must sit a minimum of one ITIL Foundation mock exam.
Both the documentation and course language will be in English.
Certification Exam :
Multiple choice, 40 questions.
The questions are selected from the full ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination question bank.
Duration maximum 60 minutes for all candidates in their respective language
Provisions for additional 15 minutes and allowance of using dictionary relating to language
Accredited ITIL Foundation training is strongly recommended but is not a prerequisite.
The Exam is not Open Book
Pass Score 26/40 or 65%
This examination is available in Online format.